People now pay more and more attention to health care, and the choice of health care products. However, we cannot put all our attention on eating health supplements, but ignore normal meals and exercise. Health care products are not drugs. Improper use may not achieve the effect you want, or even damage your body.
With this in mind, you need to know the following points before choosing a health supplement:
- 1. The intake of certain nutrients must be controlled. Although nutrients can enhance immunity and strengthen the physiological functions of human organs. When the human body lacks "indispensable nutrients", it can be supplemented from nutrients. However, if large daily doses of vitamins and trace elements are added, most of them cannot be absorbed by the body, increasing the burden on the liver.
- 2. Note the interaction between different nutrients. Avoid taking multiple health supplements together or taking large doses for long-term use. For example, calcium tablets should not be taken at the same time as iron supplements or multivitamins containing iron, because calcium interferes with the body's absorption of iron.
- 3. Health products are not a substitute for drugs and food. If you feel sick, you must go to a regular hospital for treatment, and listen to the guidance of a professional doctor to treat the disease, instead of taking health care products blindly. In addition, it only supplements the body in one aspect, but it cannot completely replace the food.
- 4. Choose health foods for different people. Some unsuitable people or contraindications are indicated on the health food approval certificate, and the company is required to mark it on the product packaging instructions. Consumers should pay attention to whether they are suitable for themselves or targeted person. Especially the frail elderly, patients with chronic diseases, children, adolescents, pregnant women, etc., must pay attention to check the taboos when choosing health foods, so as not to cause harm to the body.
- 5. Consult a nutritionist. If you are worried about the lack of certain trace elements in your blood, you can go to the hospital nutrition department for hair testing or blood test. The doctor can give appropriate supplements based on the results of the examination.